Friday, February 19, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Milk

I just love drinking Silk's Pumpkin Spice Soy Milk but I can usually only find it in grocery stores around the holidays. The other day I ran across the cutest food blog called Little Nummies for Little Tummies and low and behold she had a recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Milk!



Here's how you make it. There's not even any pumpkin in it!



Spiced Pumpkin Milk

Mix:
1 c. Milk
1 t. Brown Sugar
Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
Orange Food Coloring (or red + yellow)

Pour in a cup & enjoy!

I had a little difficulty making it the first time. The only food coloring I had was the gel type and I just couldn't get it to mix up well in the cup. So this time, I put everything in the blender and let the blender do all the work. It mixed up beautifully.

It almost tastes like a piece of pumpkin pie. We even topped it with some whipped cream. Carson thought it was so fun and kept asking for more! It made a great compliment to our bagels covered in the Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese. Guess you could say I've been on a pumpkin kick lately!

Kelli from Little Nummies for Little Tummies also recommends moistening the rim of the glass and dipping it in crushed cereal to make it even more special for your little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment