Friday, February 26, 2010

Crock Pot "Baked" Potatoes

Tonight we are having "baked" potatoes and buffalo chicken wings!!!

When I saw this recipe online, I had one of those..."Why didn't I think of that" moments. I just love using my crock pot and can't believe I didn't think about using it for potatoes before now.

It feels like spring will never come. We got about a foot and a half of snow between yesterday and last night! But thinking ahead to the warmer months...what a great way this will be to make "baked" potatoes on a hot summer day without heating up the whole house. Or if you have to work all day or be out and about running errands...just throw the potatoes in the crock pot and they will be all ready by the time you get home!



Crock Pot "Baked" Potatoes
found on Gina's WW Recipes

4 Russet Potatoes
Aluminum foil
Toppings: light sour cream, fresh chives, bacon bits, broccoli, cheese

Wash and scrub potatoes until clean. Dry thoroughly. When dry, prick potatoes with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil.

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.

Top with your favorite fixings!

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific idea! I'm going to try this tomorrow night! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete