Saturday, May 12, 2012

My First Wedding Cake Order

What a fun weekend is has been already! Remember the wedding consultation I blogged about several weeks ago? Well, the wedding was today and I {along with my co-worker} got to deliver and set up all their wedding cakes!

Ready to see the cakes? There were 12 cakes total....9 individual cakes and one 3-tiered bridal cake. EACH cake had a different flavor and filling and was decorated differently.  It can't get any more fun than that! They used the individual cakes as the centerpiece for half the tables and flower arrangements for the other half.

Here are all the cakes in no particular order.

Bridal Cake: Cherry Chip, Pina Colada, and Cinnamon Bun Cakes



Michigan State Cake: Once they cut into this cake they will discover a green mint cake with buttercream filling along with wording of the fight song on the outside


Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese filling


Fancy Chocolate Ribbon Cake filled with Oreos and fudge!




Chocolate Cake with German Chocolate Filling


Rose Cake: Lemon Cake with Lemon Filling




Banana Cake with Whipped Filling



Notre Dame Cake: Lemon Poppyseed Cake with Blueberry Filling


Breast Cancer Survivor Cake for Bride's family table




Breast Cancer Survivor Cake for Groom's family table

It feels great having a wedding under my belt now. I was really nervous during the 35 minute drive to deliver the cakes but it was such a great feeling after everything was delivered and set up. I hope the beautiful bride and groom had as much fun eating the cakes as I did making them!

And a special thanks to my amazing hubby for taking these fabulous pictures!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful job you did. I bet they all tasted so delicious. Lemon cake is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! One is prettier than the last! They all turned out so beautiful! This is like having several weddings under your belt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, You are truly an artist. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathie! The cakes were beautiful and delicious, I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day memorable with the breast cancer survivor cakes. Both my mother (5 YR survivor) and my mother in law (2 YR survivor) were so touched. In addition to celebrating our wedding day, we were able to celebrate so much more.

    With love,
    The Bride XOXO
    Leah Reid

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - These cakes are absolutely beautiful, and the flavors sound scrumptious! Kudos to your husband on the great pics, too!

    I'm a new follower, and I'm pinning your recipes like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete