Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Overnight Stuffed French Toast

This recipe reminds me of my favorite, most-ordered breakfast from IHOP. Yum!!! Another thing I love about it is that you make it the night before. So you can literally roll out of bed still half asleep and just toss it in the oven...and 30 minutes later breakfast is ready!

It's is a new fave of mine. I will definitely make it again only next time I will make a small change. I have a super sweet tooth but even this was a bit too sweet for me. Next time I'll use half of the cream cheese/sugar mixture to spread on the bread. I believe that would be the perfect amount for the perfect stuffed french toast. Enjoy!





Overnight Stuffed French Toast
Source: Kraft

8 oz. Cream Cheese
3 T. Sugar
8 slices Cinnamon-swirl bread
4 eggs
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
1 c. blueberries
Maple syrup

Mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended; spread onto bread. Place 4 bread slices, cream cheese-sides up, in 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with remaining bread slices, cream cheese-sides down.

Whisk eggs and milk until well blended; pour over bread. Cover; refrigerate overnight.

Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 min. or until center is set and top is lightly browned. Serve topped with fruit and maple syrup.

2 comments:

  1. That just makes me drool looking at the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that's a breakfast that would get me up and out of bed in the morning. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your french toast up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-21.html

    ReplyDelete