Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Chowder



Now that Fall is here I am getting into the soup mood. This recipe was souper...I mean super good!!! I was also excited to use my fresh chives from the garden one more time before they start to wilt from the cooler weather.

This is one of those recipes that I tricked my husband into thinking I cooked over the stove for an hour or two making everything from scratch. But with only 4 ingredients, it just doesn't get any easier than this! Everybody needs a little break every once in awhile. :)

Chicken Cordon Bleu Chowder
Source: Betty Crocker 4 Ingredient Dinners

2 cans (19 oz each) ready-to-serve creamy potato with roasted garlic soup
1 c. cubed cooked chicken breast
1 c. diced fully cooked ham
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.)

Heat soup, chicken and ham in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Slowly stir in cheese. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.

Add color to this dish by sprinkling each serving with chopped fresh chives or dried dill weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment