Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Zucchini Hamburger

Not a very interesting name for a dish but this is a family favorite! My mom always made this for us when I was a kid and now it is one of my husband's favorite meals! Not sure where the recipe came from or what the name of it really is but I just always call it "Zucchini Hamburger".

Many of you have fresh zucchini growing in your garden right now so give it a try. It's delicious!!!



Zucchini Hamburger

1 lb. hamburger
1/4 c. butter
5-7 small zucchinis, peeled and grated (I use my Pampered Chef chopper)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/3 c. (give or take) soy sauce
Rice

In large frying pan, brown hamburger. Drain grease and set aside. In the same frying pan melt butter and saute green pepper and onion. Add zucchini and cook on med-high heat, covered, stirring often, until zucchini is cooked and tender. Stir hamburger back in and add soy sauce. Continue cooking until veggies are completely tender. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment