Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ultimate Fruity Granola



I have a tasty snack for you today thanks to my beloved friend, Barbie!

I have to be honest with you. I'm not usually one who would sit around and snack on granola. But since I am no longer pregnant (and have some baby weight to lose), I was looking for a semi-healthy snack that Carson and I could try. And I sure am glad I did!!! It is soooo good and it also makes your entire house smell delicious while you are baking it in the oven.

The one lesson I learned from this recipe is that I should not have bought the smallest container of oats at the store. Take it from me, you'll want to buy it in bulk because you are going to want to make this recipe over and over again!

Ultimate Fruity Granola



5 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. sliced almonds (I only had 1/2 cup)
1/2 c. sunflower kernels (optional)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. honey
2 T canola oil
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c. dried fruit (apricots, raisins, cranberries, bananas, apples....etc.)
I used bananas, raisins, and blueberry flavored craisins.

In large bowl, combine oats, almonds, sunflower kernels.

In saucepan, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir over med heat until brown sugar is dissolved, 2-3 min. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture to coat.

Transfer to 15 x 10 in baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 min stirring every 8 min.
Cool completely. Stir in dried fruit. Store in airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it!
    You'll be making more soon I'm sure!!!

    Barbie

    ReplyDelete