Thursday, June 10, 2010

Simple Salmon Cakes

My Mom made these when she came to stay with us after the baby was born. It was the first time I'd ever had Salmon Cakes. They are delicious and I've made them several times since she's gone back to Indiana. Very easy to whip up for lunch or dinner!



Simple Salmon Cakes

1 6-oz. pouch boneless pink salmon
1/4 c. finely chopped green onions
1/4 c. mayonaise
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. garlic powder
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs or crackers
3 T. butter, melted
1/4 t. seasoned salt

Mix all together and form into patties. (I made 5.) Spray skillet with Pam and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Here's what they look like frying in the pan.


My 3 year old and I think they go well with mustard especially when you draw something fun on them!

1 comment:

  1. We've made salmon patties for years with just egg and breadcrumbs, so when I saw this, I thought it would be good to try a new twist. We loved them and will definitely make them again and again and again.....

    ReplyDelete