Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baked Pineapple

What a sweet delight this dish is! When I first heard of this recipe I honestly thought, "Ewwwwww! Gross! Those ingredients don't go together!" This is one of those recipes that you really do have to try in order to believe. I love this dish! I served it as a side with sandwiches last night but it is so sweet that it could be a dessert as well!




Baked Pineapple
Source: Barbie F.

1 fresh pineapple or 2 cans (I prefer using fresh!)
3 T. pineapple juice/apple juice
3 T. flour
1/2 c. sugar

Topping:
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Cut pineapple up into bite-size pieces. Stir together pineapple, juice, flour, and sugar. Spread in 9 x 13 dish.

Mix together crackers, melted butter, and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle mixture on top of pineapple. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min.

3 comments:

  1. Do you serve this hot or cold? Or could it go either way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is best served right out of the oven while the crackers are still crunchy, but the cold leftovers are good as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I have something coming up next week and was thinking about serving this... A friend saw my post to pinterest and she said her MIL makes it all the time and it is a family favorite of theirs. With my love of pineapple, it may be a family fav here also! Thanks again for posting and replying!

    ReplyDelete