Saturday, June 5, 2010

Almond Chip Scones

Scones are always such a fun addition to any breakfast. My all-time favorite scone is the Cinnamon Chip Scone from Starbucks. Today was my first attempt at making my own scones. I was surprised at how quick and easy they were to make. And they did not disappoint - they were delicious! I would have to say they are Starbuck quality and I will for sure make them again!

Thanks AGAIN Barbie, for sharing such a great recipe with me!!! :)



Almond Chip Scones

3 1/2 c. flour
2 T. sugar
5 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/2 c. cold butter
4 eggs (divided)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 to 2 t. almond extract
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. toasted almonds (optional)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
In a bowl, whisk 3 eggs, cream, and extract; add to crumb mixture just until moistened.
Gently stir in choc chips and almonds.
Turn onto a floured surface and knead 6-8 times.

Pat dough onto greased baking sheet into a 10 inch circle about 3/4 inch thick.
Cut into 8 wedges.
Beat remaining egg and brush over dough.
Slightly separate wedges.

Bake at 425 for 10-15 min or until golden brown.

Serve warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment