Sunday, July 24, 2011

Simple Heart Cake Dessert

I love summer. One of my favorite things about summer is our local farmer's market. My preschooler and I headed there this past weekend and came home with fresh green beans, tomatoes, blueberries, and raspberries. Yum!

I needed to use up some of the raspberries so I searched some of my favorite food blogs and saw this adorable dessert. Not only is it such a great idea but it also tastes great and only takes a couple minutes to throw together.

It was a big hit with my family. I'll have to remember this recipe once Valentine's Day rolls around. Or perhaps I'll make it for our anniversary next year. It's too cute of a recipe to not make again...and again!





Simple Heart Cake Dessert
Source: Real Mom Kitchen

1/8 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
2 t. cornstarch
1 c. frozen raspberries (I used fresh)
2 Twinkies

In a small sauce pan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk the water into the sugar mixture until well blended. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and gently stir in raspberries. Allow the mixture to cool.

Cut Twinkies in half diagonally (A sharp diagonal), starting about 1 in. down from top left to 1 in. from bottom of opposite side. For each heart, put 2 halves together on 1 serving plate. Spoon raspberry mixture on top and around hearts.

1 comment:

  1. hi my name is kristen..this sounds easy enough and looks delicious! was wondering if i could usre fresh sliced strawberries instead of raspberries?

    ReplyDelete