Monday, January 10, 2011

Rosemary Chicken Pockets



A friend of mine just recently joined the blogging bandwagon. She has a new site called Hanging On By A Thread. (Click the link to go to her site.) I just love her new blog and I check it every day for updates. K is such a crafty person. She loves to sew, refurbish old furniture, and even cook. In fact K and her two little girls have Mother/Daughter Cooking Day every Wednesday. I just adore that!

Here's the first recipe she posted to her new blog and I wanted to give it a try. The outcome??? These are AWESOME! Loved them!!! They remind me of kolaches from The Kolache Factory. I will definitely be making these again.

I was a little hesitant to use canned chicken but too lazy to venture out into the cold to buy some fresh chicken or even a rotisserie chicken. Let me just add, that these little guys are amazing even with canned chicken. They are so quick and easy to make too. Thanks for sharing this recipe with me K!





Rosemary Chicken Pockets
Source: Hanging On By A Thread and Tasty Kitchen

1 pkg Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
1 can Cooked Chicken Chunks, 9 oz. Can
2 T. Dried Rosemary
1 t. Black Pepper
2 dashes Salt (preferably Season Salt)
1 dash Poultry Seasoning
*1 pkg Croissant Dough, 8 oz. Can

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Soften the cream cheese for easier mixing. Add the chicken and seasonings and mix well.

Unroll croissant dough triangles. Place a dollop of filling onto each triangle. Fold over edges and pinch shut to enclose completely. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining filling and croissant triangles.

Bake as directed on croissant package.

*Note: I recommend buying 2 packages of croissants. I followed the directions and only bought one package and had quite a bit of leftover filling. I plan on using the leftovers in a sandwich tomorrow, but next time I will buy 2 packages of croissants!

No comments:

Post a Comment