Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

It's been awhile since I've made this recipe. So long that I almost forgot how good it was! The chicken was so tender and I served it over linguine.

The first time I had it was at a company potluck lunch. After my first bite, I had to ask for the recipe! It is surprisingly easy to make and everyone will think that you cooked for hours once they sit down to eat it.

The only change I make to this recipe is doubling the sauce. I normally use a 24 oz. jar of pasta sauce and that sometimes is still not enough because we like to put a generous amount on our pasta.





Chicken Parmesan
Source: Rob H.

2 eggs, beaten
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
7 oz. seasoned bread crumbs
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 T. vegetable oil
12 oz. pasta sauce (I double this.)
6 slices Monterey Jack Cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

Pour beaten eggs into a shallow bowl. In another dish, mix together grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Dip chicken breasts into beaten egg, then into bread crumb mixture to coat.

In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add coated chicken and saute for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

Pour tomato sauce into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Add chicken, then place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese over each breast, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment