Sunday, January 2, 2011

Golden Pork with Cinnamon Apples

I had some Granny Smith apples in my refrigerator that needed to be used up so I tried this new recipe. I just love using my crock pot. There's nothing better than throwing in some ingredients in the morning and having a tender, tasty dinner that night with little work!

This recipe was a pleasant surprise. The sweet and tart flavors of the apples went really well with the pork. My whole family liked it.





Golden Pork with Cinnamon Apples
Source: www.crock-pot.com

4-6 pork chops
8 to 12 oz. Golden Mushroom condensed soup, canned
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T. soy sauce
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
1/4 c. sugar and 3 T. cinnamon, in a resealable plastic bag

Place pork in crock-pot. In a bowl, combine soup, water, brown sugar and soy sauce; mix well. Pour mixture over pork, cover.
Cook for 8 hours on Low. Approximately one hour before you wish to serve, core and dice apples, place in resealable plastic bag with cinnamon sugar, and shake. Pour contents of bag on top of pork and allow to cook for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment