Friday, January 14, 2011

Lazygirl's Ground Turkey Stroganoff

This recipe came to me through one of those email Recipe Exchanges. I don't know about you guys but I never have any luck with those. The way it works is you are supposed to email a recipe to the person whose name is in position 1 (even if you don't know them). After you've sent your recipe to the person in position 1, you are supposed to copy the letter into a new email, move position 2's name to the top and put your name in position 2. Then you send the email to 20 friends. If it works properly, you are supposed to get 36 recipes. I've NEVER had any success with it and have stopped participating in them; however, I was lucky enough to get this easy and yummy recipe out of the experience.



I love the name of this recipe and it proves just how simple and fast it is to make. It reminds me on some of those Hamburger Helper mixes you can buy only much better. I've made this several times for my family already. If you have a big family, you'll want to double the recipe. We barely have any leftovers when I make this for my hubby, preschooler, and myself.

Thanks for sharing this recipe with me Carol!!!



Lazygirl's Ground Turkey Stroganoff
Source: www.allrecipes.com

1 pkg egg noodles
1 lb ground turkey
1 T. veg oil
1 t. onion powder
1 T. paprika
1 1/2 t. chicken boullion granules
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. water
salt to taste

Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the egg noodles in the pot, cook 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the turkey in the skillet and cook until evenly brown. Mix in the bouillon.

Stir the cream of mushroom soup and water into the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Season with paprika, onion powder, and salt. Serve over the cooked egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment