Sunday, January 5, 2014

Grape {Dessert} Salad

We got back last night from visiting my family in Indiana.  Just in time before the big snow hit!  It's been snowing...and snowing...and SNOWING today! School is already canceled for tomorrow and the kids and I had a blast sledding today in all this fresh white snow before the temperature drops tonight/tomorrow. 

We had a great time in Indiana and got to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family.  The kids loved the extra time with their grandma, grandpa, and cousins!  For our family get-together I wanted to try this grape salad recipe that my uncle emailed me a few weeks back.  It was a huge hit and super delicious.  It's super sweet so it's more like a dessert than a salad.  The crunchiness of the pecans and toffee were the perfect combination with the grapes.  I halved the recipe when I made it and there were no leftovers by the time we were all done. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Tim! It was a big hit!


Grape Salad
Source: Tim H.

2 lbs. red grapes
2 lbs. green grapes

Mix together:
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Fold in grapes and chill.

Just before serving add:
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
8 oz. package of Heath Toffee Chips

Mix and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment