Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rotisserie Chicken



Here's another recipe from Pinterest. Busy Mom shows us how to make our own Rotisserie Chickens in the crock pot. It turned out so juicy and tender; a bit hit with my family. My only complaint is that once you add water to the seasonings to form a paste it can be rather hard to spread over the raw chicken without leaving big clumps behind. Next time I am going to try making the rub with less water or maybe even no water (a dry rub). Nonetheless, it was a great recipe and I used our leftover chicken for fried rice the next day.



How To Make Your Own Rotisserie Chicken
Source: Busy Mom

1 broiler/fryer chicken (3.5-4 lbs)
2 T. Paprika
1/2 t. cayenne pepper (optional!)
1 1/2 t. onion powder
2 T. garlic powder or 3 cloves garlic
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper

Place all of your ingredients in a small bowl and stir in water by the teaspoon until a paste forms. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the chicken in, breast side up. Coat the chicken inside and out with the paste. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3.5-4.5 hours. Make sure the thickest part of the thigh registers at 180 degrees.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! Sometimes I like to add a little melted butter to the rub, that might get rid of the clumps for you.

    I make this often because there are so many meals you can turn the leftovers into! Tonight it's Thai Chicken Pizza. (I also sometimes make this with bone-in chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, thanks for the great recipe! It's definitely a keeper. My whole family loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. Wish I had the courage to do this.
    Great recipes; can't wait to try them.
    Thanks and happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete