Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cinnamon Burst Sour Cream Zucchini Bread

Ready for another zucchini recipe? I told you my mom gave me a lot of zucchini and there was no way I was going to let it go bad!



Last weekend we went to my sister's lake house in northern Indiana. It rained all day on Saturday so we took a little road trip to an Amish town called Shipshewana. We first went to a store called Rise 'N Roll Amish Bakery where we ended up buying these cinnamon doughnuts that are absolutely amazing. The best ones I've ever had! We also ended up with Pickled JalapeƱo Eggs and a jar of garlic pickles. (Weird combination, I know!) The next store we went to was an Amish bulk store called E&S Sales. I LOVED that store! They had every spice you could think of, every sprinkle you could imagine, tons of candy including a bag of Lucky Charm marshmallows (I'm talking about just the marshmallows and not the cereal! These somehow ended up in my cart too!) and tons of other unique stuff all at super low prices. I walked up and down each aisle in admiration of what all they had.

Anyways, one of the (many) things I bought at E&S Sales was a bag of cinnamon chips. They look just like mini chocolate chips but they are cinnamon. I've seen several bread recipes in the past that had called for them but have never been able to find them in our local grocery stores. So I was very excited about this find and when I got home from the lake house, I Googled "zucchini" and "cinnamon chips" and found this yummy recipe.

It turned out really well and has been our breakfast for the last couple of mornings.

Cinnamon Burst Sour Cream Zucchini Bread
Source: www.preparedpantry.com

3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt

3 large eggs
2 c. granulated sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. grated zucchini squash

1 1/2 c. cinnamon chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Set aside.
In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together. Fold in the sour cream, oil and zucchini.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the cinnamon chips. Do not continue stirring.

Pour the batter into two well-greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until done. Cool for ten minutes on a rack before removing the loaves from the pan.

1 comment: