Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teriyaki Sauce in 10 Minutes

Do I have any Teriyaki fans out there? One of the things I love most about trying new recipes is learning about what its ingredients are. I've eaten teriyaki sauce several times in my life but I've never stopped to think about what is actually in teriyaki sauce. It's surprisingly quite simple to make and it was amazing!!! My hubby grilled some boneless, skinless chicken thighs on the grill tonight then we drizzled this teriyaki sauce on top. My whole family gave it 12 stars out of 10! It was just that good! We paired it with some grilled asparagus and some white rice. I'm so excited that grilling season is amongst us once again!

This recipe makes 2 cups and it can be kept in the refrigerator for one week. Enjoy!





Teriyaki Sauce in 10 Minutes
Source: Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 1/2 c. cold water
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 t. garlic powder (or granulated garlic)
3 T. corn starch
1 t. sesame oil

Pour your cold water into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add your soy sauce. Add the packed brown sugar. Pour in your tasty garlic powder. Now the corn starch. Whisk it up. Whisk it until all that cornstarch is nice and dissolved. Add the sesame oil and stir. Pour it into a large skillet. Whisk it continually over medium high heat. Once it has thickened, take it off the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment