Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pasta, Pasta, Pasta!!!!

Well, my midterm for my Sanitation and Safety class is over. I feel like I did pretty well on it and am excited to go to class next week to see my grade!

This week in my cooking lab we learned all about starches! I got to make my own fresh pasta dough, roll it out with a pasta machine, cut it and eat it! It was delish and a lot easier to do than I had imagined. That was a first for me!

I also got to make pirogies stuffed with potatoes, onions, and cheddar cheese, gnocchi, whipped potatoes, rice croquettes, risotto, and rice pilaf. It was such a reward to sit down and eat all of our hard efforts this week. I feel like I should have ran in the mini marathon today with many of my friends in Fishers, IN after eating all those carbs!!! :)

Next week is my lab midterm. We have to do a lot of different knife cuts, make a poached egg, make béchamel sauce, and tourné a potato for a grade. Should be fun!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE hearing about your classes and yes, it would have been perfect for carb-loading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have come to Indy to cook for all of us that ran the mini!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci - that would have been ideal! I was thinking about all you runners while I was in class! :)

    ReplyDelete