Friday, February 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

My son and daughter just love watching the TV show Yo Gabba Gabba. We watch at least 2 episodes on Netflix EVERY day. Seems like they want to watch the same 2 over and over. I'm usually cooking or doing laundry while they are watching but I can't help but listen to it in the background. In particular there is this one song that goes like this, "There's a party in my tummy...so yummy, so yummy!" Anybody else heard this before? I'm afraid it's been implanted on my brain and I will start singing it at the most random times with my son singing right along with me.

Anyways, this next dish is sure to put a party in your tummy. It is beyond delicious! The crockpot makes the beef so moist and the gravy is just wonderful!



Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Source: The Well-Fed Newlyweds

2 to 3 lbs. beef stew meat (or a 3 lb. chuck roast, cubed)
1 md. yellow onion, diced
1 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1 1/2 c. beef broth or stock
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. ketchup
1/4 t. garlic salt
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
6-7 T. water
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. sour cream (reduced fat is fine)

Place the beef, onion, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and garlic salt. Pour the broth mixture into the slow cooker. Put the lid on the cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. In a small bowl, combine the flour and water and whisk to combine. The mixture should be thick but still be able to be poured. (Add extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to achieve the proper consistency.) Pour the flour mixture into the slow cooker and whisk to combine. Add the mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir in the sour cream just before serving.

Serves 6.

2 comments:

  1. I found this on Pinterest a while back and just now tried it - delicious! And very easy too. I only had a pound of beef so I halved the recipe, but it still fed 4 with leftovers. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found this on pinterest and would recommend it to anyone. My family loves this! All of my kids will eat it and the grown ups like it too. It makes leftovers, for our family of 5.

    ReplyDelete