Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kit Kat M&M Cake



Did everyone have a nice Valentine's Day? Here's what I made for my hubby. I made him take it to work so that I wouldn't consume 20 Kit Kats and 1/2 bag of M&M's in one day! This awesome idea came from Pinterest.

Just ice any 2-layer cake with buttercream (I used a yellow cake with white icing), attach regular size Kit Kats to the side (I think I used 12 or 13 packs), dump a bag of M&M's on top and decorate with a ribbon. Super easy, yet super impressive!

6 comments:

  1. Kathie, I love the recipes you share with your readers. I never leave here empty handed. I always have something new to experiment with and I love it. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet comment! Thanks for making my day, Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathie,
    I love this and for sure it will be my cake for next Valentine's Day! I also was thinking I could do something Halloween with this idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Lysa! This cake really can be used for any type of occasion. They make M&M's in just about every color now....Halloween, Christmas, new baby (pink or blue M&M's), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They also make kit kats in white chocolate white chocolate with the valentine M and m's can't wait to make for easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the absolute coolest thing iv ever seen! im so making this for my friends brithday tomorrow! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete