Sunday, September 16, 2012

Frozen Peanut Butter Turtle Pie

I always try to make a yummy dessert when having out of town visiters.  This time I needed something to make ahead of time so I tried this recipe from Kraft. Can't go wrong with a frozen peanut butter pie! It was pretty amazing and I even made my own caramel sauce for it instead of buying the pre-made caramel ice cream topping from the grocery store. I've been nibbling on the leftovers all week and sadly, it's all gone.  I need some more guests so I'll have another excuse to make some dessert! :)



Frozen Peanut Butter Turtle Pie
Source: Kraftfoods.com

1 tub (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. thawed Cool Whip
1/4 c. caramel ice cream topping
1 Oreo Pie Crust
1/4 c. coarsely chopped Planters Pecans, toasted
2 squares, Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Beat cream cheese spread, peanut butter, and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add Cool Whip; mix well.

Spread caramel topping onto bottom of crust; cover with cream cheese mixture. Freeze 4 hours.

Top with nuts just before serving. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over pie.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good and easy too. Some day I'm going to try all these recipes that I'm collecting. I do have a pot luck coming up on Sunday, so maybe I'll get to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete