Chicken Pot Pie Bundles
Source: Meal Makeover Moms
1½ T. canola oil, divided
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch dice
2 t. chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon (I left this out.)
1/2 t. kosher salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 c. chicken broth
4 t. cornstarch
3/4 c. frozen petite peas, thawed
3/4 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
12 egg roll wraps (NOT the smaller wonton wrappers)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place the broth and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the skillet along with the peas and corn, and bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- To prepare the bundles, use a muffin pan with 12 medium-size cups (do not coat with nonstick cooking spray). Gently place 1 egg roll wrap into each cup, letting it extend over the sides.
- Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrap, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Fold the corners up and over the top of the filling and press to seal the edges (it doesn’t have to be perfect!). Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
- Bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.