Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato 'Fries'

I love watching The Food Network Channel. "Love" may be an understatement. If my TV had only one channel and I had to choose which channel that was, I would pick the Food Network Channel in a heartbeat. I could watch it all day long! My favorites have always been Paula Dean, Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee, and Alton Brown. In the past, I have always skipped past all of Ina Garden's Barefoot Contessa shows. I just never really gave her a chance. Well after falling in love with her Parmesan Roasted Broccoli recipe lately, I am now hooked on her too. In fact, I recently checked out all of her cookbooks from my local library. She uses some of the most basic {fresh} ingredients and turns them into such wonderful dishes.

These baked sweet potato "fries" were awesome! Another thing added to the list of Must Make for Thanksgiving dinner!



Baked Sweet Potato "Fries"
Souce: Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 T. olive oil
1 T. light brown sugar
1/2 t. kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears. Place them on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil. Spread the potatoes in one layer. Combine the brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment