Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheesy Zucchini

I went to my parents' house this past weekend. You know what that means......MORE ZUCCHINI!!!!

Zucchini and tomatoes are my favorite two vegetables in the world. I don't think I could ever eat too much of either one. So here's another zucchini recipe for you. It's another one of my grandma's recipes and makes a wonderful side dish.



Cheesy Zucchini
Source: Grandma H.

4 medium zucchinis, peeled and grated
1 t. salt
4 T. butter
1/4 c. green onions, thinly sliced (I didn't have any on hand, so I substituted a small yellow onion)
1 T. fresh basil (I used dried basil leaves)
1/2 c. Velveeta cheese

Grate 4 medium zucchinis. Sprinkle with 1 t. salt. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain, pressing out as much liquid as possible.
Heat 4 T. butter in skillet. Add 1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add zucchini. Stir and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Quickly stir in 1 T. chopped fresh basil and 1/2 c. cubed Velveeta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment