Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's For Breakfast?

You'll be willing to wake up early for this recipe! I made them for the first time this morning and I've already added it to my pile of favorite recipes!





Banana Walnut Butter Buns

• 8 (1 tube) Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
• 4 T. (1/2 stick) butter, cut into 8 equal pats
• 1/4 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
• 1-2 bananas cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 4 t. packed brown sugar
• 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
• 1 T. butter, melted
• cinnamon sugar
• nonstick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your muffin tins and get ready to layer ingredients.

Place 1/2 Tablespoon (or one of the 8 butter pats) into each muffin cup. Sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over the butter, then place 3-4 banana slices over the walnuts. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon over bananas. Top with biscuit and press into muffin tin. Brush each biscuit with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Bake for 18 minutes or until golden and puffed. Allow to cool for a couple minutes before turning out onto a plate.

Makes 8 buns.

*Thanks to www.lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com for this yummy recipe!

3 comments:

  1. These were yummy too!
    I think next time I'll try them with apples though. I don't like how cooked bananas look....weird I know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them! I bet apples would be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these with cheerios once and just finished them with frosted flakes! Both were awesome! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete