Sunday, November 27, 2011

Teriyaki Drumettes

Yes, that's right...another crock pot recipe! My crock pot and I have been the best of friends lately!

This meal was quite tasty and went perfect with a big bowl of white rice; however I feel the name of the recipe is a little misleading. It reminds me more of a soy sauce chicken recipe that my father-in-law makes more so than a teriyaki recipe. The soy sauce flavor is very dominating and the gravy is runnier than you would expect for a teriyaki sauce. Even with that said, my family each gave it 2 thumbs up and gnawed the bones clean.



Teriyaki Drumettes
Source: Make It Fast, Cook It Slow

2 lb. chicken drumettes (I used drumsticks)
1/2 c. soy sauce
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. dry sherry or tequila
3 garlic cloves, minced

Use a 4-quart cooker. Plop the chicken into the crock. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, and garlic. Toss with two large spoons to coat the chicken somewhat evenly. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, on on high for 4 to 5 hours. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment