Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bean Casserole

I love when I get recipe suggestions from friends and family. This one came from my mom so I knew it had to be good! This recipe is like the king of baked beans because there are lots of extra goodies in it that makes it even that much better than your standard baked beans. Serve as your main course (like I did) or as a side.



Bean Casserole
Source: Mom

1/2 lb. hamburger
1/2 c. onion, diced
15 oz. can pork and beans
15 oz. can kidney beans
15 oz. can lima beans (I used butter beans)
1/2 c. ketchup
2 t. vinegar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 t. mustard
1/2 t. salt
4 strips of bacon (diced and fried)

Brown hamburger and onions. Drain grease. Mix together and bake in 9 x 13 inch pan for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. (You can also put it in a crock pot until heated through.)

No comments:

Post a Comment