Thursday, December 30, 2010

Filipino Chicken Adobo

A New Jersey church friend of ours introduced us to Adobo Chicken this past summer. I pretty much fell in love with it immediately. It was jam packed with flavor and the chicken was so tender! For some reason I started thinking about adobo this week so I "Googled" it and found this recipe on The Food Network's website. It turned out AMAZING!!! My husband said it was the best chicken ever and gave it a 10 out of 10!

I wish I could share smells over my blog because I don't think the picture does justice for this recipe. It is just so good, flavorful, and so tender! We loved it!!!

You can also add pork to this recipe. Thanks Feli for inspiring me to make this delicious dish!





Filipino Chicken Adobo
Source: foodnetwork.com

4-5 lbs. chicken thighs (I used boneless, skinless thighs)
1/2 c. white vinegar
1/2 c. soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 t. black peppercorns
3 bay leaves

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cover and marinate chicken overnight. Bring to boil, then lower heat. Cover and let simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened, and chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment