Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had some leftover pumpkin in the fridge that needed to be used up so this morning Carson and I had Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast. This is a recipe that my Mom always made (and still does). Sometimes I use the regular size muffin pans and other times I make them into miniature muffins. They are so yummy and easy to pop into your mouth for a quick snack.





Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 2/3 c. Flour
1 c. Sugar
1 T. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. salt
2 Eggs
1 c. Pumpkin
1/2 c. Butter, softened
1 c. Chocolate Chips



Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups. Thoroughly mix flour, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Break eggs into another bowl. Add pumpkin and butter; whisk until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Scoop batter evening into 12-15 muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. these are my fave and we make them at least once a month!!!

    barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to come across this recipe! Looks delicious. Cannot wait to try it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! One of our pet sitting customers made these for us and we couldn't believe how moist and tasty they were. Living at 6,000 ft., it's often a challenge to find a recipe that turns out so well. I'm making them today! Jackie and Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any pumpkin pie spice. Is there a substitution? (I'm stuck at home due to Hurricane Sandy but want to make these!). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete