Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Best Chili Ever

I've been searching for a good chili recipe. I had a hard time picking which one I wanted to make, but the name of this recipe almost felt like a challenge! Is this REALLY the best chili ever? I just had to find out!





The Best Chili Ever
- slightly modified from A Recipe A Day

1 lb ground beef
1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (12 oz) bottle of beer
1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilis, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes
2 T. chili powder
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. ground red pepper
1 t. paprika
1 t. hot sauce

Brown hamburger and sausage with onions and garlic until meat is completely cooked and onion is tender. Drain well.

Combine the hamburger/sausage mixture with all the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot. Place on HIGH for first hour and then cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until thickened.

Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.

Makes 12-14 servings.



So do I think this recipe stands up to its name? It was pretty darn good!!! I'd have to make some more chili recipes before I can say it's the best chili EVER but it's definitely a favorite and I will be making it again!

*This recipe made a ton so I put 1/2 of it in the deep freezer for an easy meal to have after the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment