Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

I believe the word "pumpkin" should be included in the definition of Fall.  Fall is here. The leaves are slowing falling off the trees and the sights around us are absolutely gorgeous. It's definitely one of the most beautiful times of the year.  I enjoy Fall but I would enjoy it a lot more if it didn't mean Winter was right around the corner.

Anyways, here's my first pumpkin recipe to kick off the Fall season.  My kids LOVED this milkshake and asked for seconds. Little do they know it was good for them. That's always an added bonus!

I doubled the recipe below and it made enough for me and the kiddos.



Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Source: www.sparkpeople.com

In a blender, combine:

1/2 c. ice
1/2 c. vanilla nonfat yogurt 
1 t. honey
1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 of a banana

Puree until icy and smooth. Tastes like pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment