Wednesday, March 13, 2013

{Healthy} Chocolate Protein Bars

This is my new FAVORITE {healthy} snack. They are just that good! I could eat the whole pan but then again that would probably defeat the point of eating a healthy snack, considering portion control is essential no matter what you are eating....unless it's perhaps raw veggies. Enough with the rambling, let me share the recipe with you!


{Healthy} Chocolate Protein Bars
2 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1/2 c. wheat germ
1/8 c. flax seed meal
1/2 c. protein powder (I used Arbonne's chocolate protein powder)
1/2 c. dried fruit (I used dried cherries)
1/2 c. raw nuts or seeds (I used slivered almonds)
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips (I may have added a few extra :)
1 c. almond butter
3/4 c. honey
1/3 c. molasses
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. salt
1 or more cups Rice Krispies

Mix first 6 ingredients together. Melt chocolate chips, almond butter, molasses, and honey over medium-high heat on stove. Take off heat and add vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix with dry ingredients. Mixture will be very wet and sticky. Lastly, add 1 cup or more of Rice Krispies until it's a consistency you like. Press into a pan and then refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars and store in fridge.

I made a double batch which completely filled a 9 x 13 inch pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment