Thursday, August 2, 2012

CSA Update

I am still LOVING the box of fresh veggies I get from our farm share each week! Despite the hot and extremely dry summer we have had, Zilke's continues to fill our boxes with an abundance of delicious fruits and veggies.  In this week's box, we got cantaloupe, new red potatoes, baby swiss chard, tomatoes, onions, tomatillos, a squash, a cucumber and peppers of all shapes, sizes and spiciness! Yum!!!  My 5 year old even asked me tonight if he could eat a whole tomato. He sat and ate it just like an apple! We love our veggies around here!!!

1 comment:

  1. My nephew and niece have a farm share and this week, my son went with them to pick it up. Each week they have something that you can take unlimited amounts of and this week it was Kale. So my son brought home some for me. Never had it before, so it was all new to us. It turned out great! would definately have it again!

    ReplyDelete