Friday, April 6, 2012

Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

Yum! I knew I was going to love this recipe even before I made it. I love asparagus; I love Parmesan cheese; and I love roasted veggies with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top. They make such a perfect combination! What a great side dish to serve this summer. Try it - I think you'll like it!



Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Source: Barefoot Contessa - Family Style

2 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
2 T. olive oil
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 lemons cut in wedges, for serving

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom half of each. Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute. Serve with lemon wedges.

3 comments:

  1. My son was just asking me to roast the asparagus when I make it for Easter. I've never roasted it, always steamed, maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE roasted asparagus! I usually do it with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper so I'm going to have to try this one. We had grilled asparagus wrapped with bacon today for Easter dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, this is a really nice post about asparagus. It would be great if you linked to it in my Food on Friday series. This week it is about all things asparagus. Food on Friday

    ReplyDelete