Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cowboy Caviar

I laugh every time I hear the name of this recipe - I don't know why. I had never heard of such a thing until my friend, Barbie, introduced it to me a couple years ago. Now it's one of my favorite snack recipes. My son and I could sit outside and just munch on this all afternoon long! And I love that he always asks for seconds because it is loaded with veggies and beans.

Have any of you tried the new Tostitos Dipping Strips? They are fabulous and that's what we used to dip our Cowboy Caviar in today. Love them!!!



Cowboy Caviar

1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 c. Italian dressing
1/2 c. Wishbone Sweet and Spicy French dressing
2-3 T. chopped fresh cilantro OR 1 T. Dried
1 onion, chopped (I used 1/2 onion)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in fourths

Combine all, then add:
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

Optional: Dash of tabasco and/or chopped jalepeno pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment