Saturday, February 19, 2011

Country Brunch Skillet

Both of our kids are sick so I knew this would be a "lazy" weekend for my husband and I. Time to take it easy and stay inside so the kids could rest up and get better. While my husband tended to the kids, I headed to the kitchen to make some brunch!

The house was smelling like bacon in no time making all of us hungry! This was a great recipe for brunch! It reminds me of one of those breakfast skillet dishes you can order at a restaurant like IHOP. My hubby took some pictures along the way so I will share them all with you.

I had just placed the eggs into the 6 wells I made in the potatoes.



You can see the eggs are cooking up nicely!



Add some crumbled bacon and shredded cheese...



...and Voila! Brunch is served!!!



I bet you are wishing right now that you lived closer to me so I could have invited you over for brunch! :)



Note: For any of my family members that are reading this...I made/wrote this a couple of weeks ago. Both kids are healthy now! :)

Country Brunch Skillet
Source: Taste of Home Family Collection

6 bacon strips
6 c. frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
3/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
6 eggs
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 T. of drippings. Add potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.

*I cheated a bit on this recipe. I bought the Ore-Ida Hash Brown O'Brien at the store. That has the hash brown potatoes already mixed with diced red peppers, green peppers and onions saving some time during my prep work.

No comments:

Post a Comment