Sunday, May 5, 2013

Owl Birthday Cake

My baby girl turned THREE last week and today was her big party.  We could not have asked for the weather to be any more perfect than it was today - sunny and absolutely beautiful!  Kadence has a love for owls lately.  Her big girl bedroom has an owl theme, some of her PJ's have owls and even her favorite pair of socks are those with owls on them!  So there was no question in my mind that she needed an owl cake for her birthday. This year I ventured out and used dark chocolate fondant!  Seeing her face when she saw her cake just melted my heart.  She is growing up so fast and I just love her to pieces!



My hubby and I had such a fun time decorating this cake. He helped by coloring all the fondant and cutting out the eyes, feet, branch, and leaves.  He did such a great job that I'll have to hire him for future work. ;P



I found a cute stamp at Michael's and made little individual bags for the potato chips. (Idea from Pinterest.)



Also served cheese and crackers in the shape of an owl! This adorable idea came from Beth over at Hungry Happenings.



Another idea from Pinterest was this lollipop flower pot. It took a JUMBO bag of Dum Dums to fill it up!



What a wonderful day spent with friends, food, and lots of sunshine!  Happy Birthday K!!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!AWESOME CAKE!and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! for you little girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday ! Love the owls, Kathie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathie,

    All of your owl creations really look great. I'm so happy you made a version of my cheese slice owl, and would love for you to link up to the original post. I would be happy to add a picture of your owl in my Reader's Gallery, if you'd like. http://www.hungryhappenings.com/2011/10/transform-ordinary-cheese-tray-into.html

    Thanks,

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) Sorry I didn't link up to your blog earlier. Just an over-sight on my part. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete