Thursday, July 14, 2011

Homemade Raspberry Pie

Have you noticed how my last 4 or 5 food posts have been dessert-type recipes? I'm still sharing with you all the yummy things we ate while at the lake house. Notice how healthy I eat while spending a holiday weekend with my family? Oh yeah! It was all about sweets, desserts, and calories while we were there. I just pretended everything was fat free while eating it. Ha ha ha!

Look at this beautiful pie! My mom made it to share with us all and it was mighty tasty! It's similar to her famous strawberry pie only made with raspberries instead!





Raspberry Pie
Source: Mom

Pie Crust
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
2 T. milk

Mix until an oily ball. Press into pie pan with back of hand or spoon. Bake 12 minutes at 400 degrees.

Pie Filling
1 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
2 T. white Karo
1 c. water
3 T. dry raspberry jello

In saucepan over med-high heat cook sugar, cornstarch, Karo, and water until thick and clear. Set off heat and add jello. Stir well. Cool until warm. Add 1 quart of raspberries and mix gently. Pour into baked shell and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment