Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I had to make 6 dozen cookies for my preschooler's Christmas program. It was postponed twice due to snow so the actual performance was actually after the holidays. I searched my recipe box for just the right cookie recipe.

This is a snickerdoodle recipe that my mom used to make all the time when we were kids. I believe it was one of the first recipes that I copied when I got my very own recipe box a long time ago. These are always a big hit and I'm sure all the 3 and 4 year olds will gobble them up after they are done singing their adorable songs on stage tonight.





Snickerdoodles
Source: Mom's recipe box

1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt

Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Stir this into the first mixture. Roll dough into balls. Roll these into mixture of 2 T. sugar and 2 T. cinnamon. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment