Saturday, March 13, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches for the Crockpot

Those of you who know us realize how much my hubby LOVES buffalo chicken wings and how much I LOVE using my crock pot for easy to prepare dinners! When I saw this recipe, I knew it was a Win-Win situation and just had to give it a try. It proved to be quite tasty and was given two thumbs up from my husband.

It was a little hard to taste the Ranch dressing mix so next time I would use a little more. Otherwise it's just as good if you drizzle some Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing on top of the sandwich right before serving them.



Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches for the Crockpot
Source: A Recipe A Day

4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 (17.5 oz) bottle buffalo wing sauce (I used Buffalo Wild Wing Sauce)
1/2 of a 1 oz. pkg of dry ranch salad dressing mix
6 sandwich or hoagie rolls

Put the chicken in the crockpot. Pour 3/4 of the bottle of the hot sauce over the top of the chicken and then sprinkle the salad dressing mix over that. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.

Once the chicken has cooked, shred it right in the crockpot and let it continue to cook for a few minutes to soak up the sauce.

Pile chicken onto rolls and splash with some of the remaining wing sauce if desired. Cover with provolone cheese and stick under the broiler until the cheese melts.



Makes at least 6 sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment